Tuesday, December 27, 2005

VO2 Max

So I'm really pumped--just got back from our Second Sole time trial and found out that my VO2 is indeed pretty damn high. I had it done a few years ago by my boyfriend of the time, now husband, when he was in his Sports Management classes. It was 42 then. It's now up to 44.6 according to two different formulas that we used tonight, which for my age and gender puts me in the 90th percentile! Yahooooo!

Now, if I could just reach my so-called "scientific potential" that these numbers predict, I'd be in business. That is a whole different story! ha ha

Talked to a 2-time IM MOO'er at the meeting...he freaked me out a bit about the bike hills. Ugh. I'm such a fricken hill slug. I HATE THEM. He said what I already know, though--I NEED to hit the hills hard this summer. The sooner, the better. Now it kinda makes me want to live on the east side, as that's where all the hills are in this town. Guess I'll be spending a lot of time back and forth on I-90 from April on....

That's the biggest worry for me...I wonder if I can really make it on the bike. It's my weakest link. I guess the numbers say I can...I just need to get a little confidence and do some ass-kicking training on (gulp) hills to get there.

Sure wish I could double the swim and run, and cut the bike out or maybe at least in half....hee hee...I guess that's why I don't make the rules! :)

5 comments:

:) said...

As long as you put the saddle time in, you are going to be fine!

Just hit the hills; they are the best part of cycling!!!

Cliff said...

Don't worry. I ask talking to another triathlete and he asked me the IM (IMUSA) I am doing is there lots of hills. I said yeah. Then again, why not. I don't want to do IM if it is easy.

BuckeyeRunner said...

TriSara-
I feel your pain re: the bike. My weakest link, as well, and not only that, I am somewhat of a nervous biker when I am in traffic.
Nice job on the run. Do you run with the Rocky River 2nd solers?

Anonymous said...

yo i'm right with you about the biking and hills...i'm on the east side...i'll train with you this summer...i'm not doing an ironman, but will be in 1/2iron shape...

see you at the indoor tri!

Anonymous said...

You've clearly got a great physiological base - so saddle time is all you need on the bike! Best of luck!