Wednesday, December 28, 2005

"WHAT? YEAH!!! O-KAY!!!!"

Alright, the above subject line is from the Chappelle Show Season 2, which I watched while on the trainer today. Fricken hilarious. I love it when he's Lil' John (the rapper)....cracks me up every time!!! I needed something good to divert me from the single-leg drills.

Had a really good swim today! Did 2700 yards--my longest yet. I've shaved a little time off my 500. That made me happy. Perhaps it was my new suit that I got for Christmas. hee hee This former sprinter (50 free and 50 breast--definitely NOTHING over 100!!!!) will somehow, someway turn herself into a distance swimmer.

My tri club is having a fun little contest here over 10 days to see who gets the most training points! It's been good motivation to get out there. You get 1 point for every 100 yards you swim, 4 points for every mile you run, and 1 point for every 3 minutes on the trainer or 1 point for every road mile biked. So far, according to my calculations, through 5 days I have 154 points! Woo hoo! Lots of good "competition," though. I don't think I have a shot at the "Holiday Training Camp Queen" title, but it doesn't hurt to try! :)

Next indoor tri is January 8th, and I think I can make this one....it's pretty far on the east side, but I think it would be fun! I've always meant to try these indoor tris, but it's never worked out for one reason or another. Hopefully this one will and I'll get to see how I stand at this point.

49 DEGREES HERE TODAY!!!!!! THE SUN EVEN POKED OUT!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! (once again--I'm not being sarcastic, but sadly I'm really just that excited to see the sun)

LeBron James turns 21 today! (just heard that on the news) Can you even imagine being THAT young and THAT rich? Geez....! GO CAVS!

'Til tomorrow...

No comments: