Thursday, January 12, 2006

hit by a truck

That's how I feel this morning! Ugh! Where the heck did this come from???!!!

Last night I started to feel a little wierd, like that feeling you get when you might be getting sick. So on the way home I picked up some zinc tablets and stuff. Went for my run at 5 which was a nice easy 45 minutes--I love those runs! But this time, I felt like POOP. I could barely hold a 10:15 pace and was dizzy! What the heck????? Got home and CRASHED. I went to bed at 8:30! I had my swim bag ready to go for 5:30am.

Got up at 2am because my throat was so swollen...ugh..decided maybe to pass on the swim and slept in until 6:30. I still don't feel great--very tired and weak. I might try the swim tonight at adult lap swim, but that's not until 8:45pm so I'm thinking maybe I should just rest. I'm supposed to weight train today, too. Hmmm....maybe I can do that?

So now I'm beating myself up a bit for missing a workout...although if I slept for TEN HOURS last night perhaps it's my body's way of telling me something.

Must...drink...water....ugh.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it sucks to have your regimen interupted, but trust me: skip your workouts until you're at least 90%. Consider it a balance: a few missed workouts and a quick return to health, or weeks of lousy workouts from trying to push through.

Always look at the long view, and feel better soon!

tryathlete said...

I agree. Get some rest - there's always another day to run. When I'm on the brink of being ill I always feel like I have to get my workouts done, but end up overdoing it and losing a week when I push myself too hard and fall ill.

Treat yourself to a break - after facing all those kids in school!

walchka said...

Just take care of yourself and get the rest you need. It's hard and upsetting when you miss a workout, but it's better to skip a workout and let your body heal up.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

there's definitely something going around the cleveland area...rest up so you don't get sick for a long time!

Tracy said...

Woman, I have totally had these days. REST and DRINK WATER like it's your job. I feel ya, but you'll be better later for a little break now ;)

Eric said...

Learn to listen to your body. It knows what it needs and right now that's rest. You'll know when to get back at it.

qcmier said...

Rest up! And please don't spread those germs my way, either. I can catch a cold faster than Ted Ginn, Jr. running down the sidelines.

I have tried to push through illnesses and have ruined whole seasons. You have to look at the big picture.

Sergio I. Gajardo Ugás said...

Hello a very beautiful greeting your blog, pardons my ingles is very bad.

BuckeyeRunner said...

Take it easy, TriSara. Hope you are feeling better, and I really liked your post above.