Saturday, July 08, 2006

WOW

I can't even formulate a sentence about how freaking cool today was.

I'm not kidding.

OK, I'm going to try and talk about it. Deep breath....

short story: (long will have to come when I get home)

Wisconsin is BEAUTIFUL and the ride was AMAZING
Training on the Greater Cleveland Tri Course was a GREAT idea
It was by no stretch of the imagination easy, but it was BETTER than I thought it would be
I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better now about this thing
Standing at the lake with the transition area around me made it feel like Christmas
Wil, Simply Stu, Elizabeth, Robby B, Run Bubba Run, SLS, Jumpy, and Jeff are SUCH COOL PEOPLE--all the guys we rode with were awesome and gave us such good tips and pointers, and were not even once complaining about going slow--always checking up on us and just being SUPER COOL

Now it's time for mojitos! 2 hour run around the lake tomorrow and then a long drive home....

I heart Wisconsin!

19 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

But ... did you LIKE it? Did you really LIKE IT?

;-)

Glad you had fun! And that, or the hokey pokey, is what it's all about.

Scott said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you................

This is your moment Sara. Enjoy it!

Kurt said...

Isnt this what life is about? Meeting and growing as a person with others as well as by ourselves. Glad you enjoyed the day, you will have more like them! Enjoy the run today.

RunBubbaRun said...

You did great riding the IMWI.. It was great riding and talking with during the ride.. Made the hours fly by..Your going to do great at the "big Show"..

Habeela said...

It sounds like SOOOOOOOOO much fun!

SRR said...

Hey...not sure you liked it there. So sorry! ;-)

BuckeyeRunner said...

Sounds like a great time!! You are so primed for this race -- I can't imagine what you must be like in real life - your excitement and joy leaps off the screen at me when I am reading your words! Safe travels back!

Steve Stenzel said...

So, did the run take place this morning? Or were you all a little too beat-up from the ride and/or the drinks?! It was great to meet all of you CRAZIES this weekend!

Steve
(Mr. SLS or Mr. Pharmie)

Steve Stenzel said...

p.s. Send me your e-mail address and I can send you some pics from this weekend:
stevestenzelphotography@yahoo.com

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

You have me all kinds of verde with envy.

Send pics, please.

Stay tuned...

qcmier said...

Can't wait to hear more.

teacherwoman said...

That is so EXCITING!:)

Tri-Thomps said...

It was a great weekend overall. Had a blast at dinner Friday night. And you really smoked the bike course. IMWI will be awesome!

Thomps

Cliff said...

Any pics?? :)

SimplyStu said...

All I have to say is YOU ROCK! You all would have been blown away to see Sara ride the route. As I told her many times this weekend - she was born to ride!

Chad said...

Glad to hear you "heart" the state where I spent my formative years.

BTW, do you know what today (the 10th) is? Two month countdown!!!

E-Speed said...

You are going to be amazing in two months!!! Thanks for taking me along for the ride!

Pharmie said...

I can't wait to hear how the rest of the weekend went! It was so great to meet you. You really were born to bike. We are going to rock this course in two months!

greyhound said...

I sooooo heart Wisconsin too. Went to school there in the '80s (when you were still playing with Barbies). I can't wait for my volunteer duty and watching you guys come roaring down the tunnel at the finish.

If you have Stu's e-mail address, and if he is willing to be logistical coordinator, have him contact me about how I can most be of help and how we can all get together without interfering with your race day.