Sunday, February 04, 2007

SNOW DAY SNOW DAY SNOW DAY!

No school tomorrow!

No school tomorrow!

*jumping and dancing around my room*

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Apparantly when the high is 8 degrees with a wind chill of minus 15, that'll do it!

I'll take it! :)

On a side note, I will most likely have very sporadic posts for the next month or so. I'm writing lots, actually, and will probably publish some later, including my race report from the very chilly Dirty Dog 10K. But for now I'll just be lurking around a bit. All is well...no worries!

As for tomorrow, I'll be making me some gingerbread waffles and sleeping in! BOO-ya! Enjoy some pictures from the Dirty Dog, courtesy of DaisyDuc. Yes, those are teeny tiny little ice fishers in the second picture on the frozen lake. And all of our hair was totally blowing in the wind gusts, too! Gotta love it.

Who would want to sit on a frozen lake and fish when it's 10 below with the wind chill?! Seriously. Then again, who would want to run a trail 10K when there's 1-2 feet of snow in some drifts and a 10 below wind chill?

Man, those ice fishers sure are crazy! ;)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Chillin' like Bob Dylan in the O-H,
TriSaraTops

21 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Yay for a snow day!! Relax and enjoy yourself tomorrow. I love those pics...looks like you guys were having a blast!

BTW - I tagged you...see my last post for details.

Triteacher said...

We're off too! Yay! Now, what to do first: ski, swim, pick up my bike from the bike shop, run, lift weights??

Enjoy your day too! :)x200

walchka said...

Enjoy your day off. Though I will say it -12 here and the wind chill is -24 and we wouldn't even thing of cancelling school because of it. It has to get a lot colder to cancel school up here. :)

TriShannon said...

You finally got a snow day... yipee! Thanks for taking my weather. It is supposed to be close to 50 degrees here today. I am so excited! This is the Colorado weather I like.

TriSonq said...

OK. Now I feel like a wuss. I skipped my race this weekend because it was a measly 12 degrees. Not nearly as bad as you Clevelandnites' weather conditions.

Did I mention I HATE cold weather?

Haave a fun snow day.

Kim said...

BRRRR!!! i can't feel my ears up here in boston! jealous you have the day off! enjoy it!

Steve Stenzel said...

Hey, NOT FAIR!! Here's I woke up to -15 air temp, with windchills of -30! And guess where I am? I'M TEACHING!! Lucky duck...

Cliff said...

ice fishing vs ice running..hmmm.....u r crazy :o)

tri-mama said...

enjoy the day!

Lloyd said...

Aw man, bragging rights for TST. I wussed out and ran in the Metroparks. Did you see Mark and Liz? I was supposed to ride with, but flaked when I saw the forecast.

Way to go.

And thanks for saving the date for the Burning River 100!

RunBubbaRun said...

Cool, a day off from work is always fun. Great job on the chilly run.

Ice fishing, hmmm, they are probably out there all day to. I think that is crazy.

Kurt said...

Did you make a snow angel? I hope so, wait I guess you are the Angel of Ohio!

Enjoy the writing and stuff for the month you have planned. Can't wait to read about the 10K.

a.maria said...

i = jealous.

Fe-lady said...

Ohhh, Lake Erie! I bet the ice fishermen were looking at you guys and calling YOU crazy!
Gingerbread waffles on a cold morning sound wonderful!
Hope you had a great day off...hopefully you won't have to make it up in the A.M.

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday as I was driving home from the credit union..I got a "relay" call on my cell phone, with really bad recpetion and the area cod was 216! I know of no-one in the Cleveland area that is hearing impaired, who have my cell phone #, and who would be calling me! I hung up because of the bad reception...but they never called back!

Fe-lady said...

I meant "I hope you don't have to make it up over the summer..." (need more coffee???!!!)

Papa Louie said...

I was hoping CSU would close but no deal. Did you get tuesday off too? My son is happy for getting monday and tuesday off. Maybe wednesday? Enjoy your free time.

Jodi said...

I can't believe you guys raced on Saturday. You really are living up to your Ironwoman name!

:-)

Jodi

teacherwoman said...

Enjoy your snow day! That is rediculous! We had -32 yesterday WITHOUT the windchill! Lucky you guys! It has to be snowing...tons of inches with that temp to call off school!

Wes said...

Oh my god! I can't believe those ice fisherman are so stupid? Who in their right mind would be out FISHING in that weather? ;-)

Unknown said...

I always wanted to go ice fishing. Worked in Minnesota 2 years and never went! What's wrong with me!

Anyhow, yea for snow day! Keep up the epic training!

Rae said...

Good grief!! It looks like you're on a frozen tundra!!!!!