Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Please no more TWO CENTS. I've got TWO MILLIONS CENTS.

Dudes, I feel HUGE. HEEEEE. YOOOUGE.

Ugh.

This crazysick humidity is not helping, either. BUT--it makes for a nice swim. Swam another mile today and felt GREAT. Getting out of the pool is getting more and more entertaining. I ditched Mom Suit and swam in Big Girl Suit. There weren't too many people there and I'm past the point of caring. At Trimama's suggestion, I wore my IM MOO swim cap. It was a pretty entertaining sight.

While in the pool, I started thinking about a possible hairbrained idea for next year...it's too early to even mention it, but it got me all pumped up. I even emailed Coach Angela to talk logistics with her about it. We'll see!

I'm feeling good--mostly because I'm feeling so uncomfortable. If I'm this uncomfortable, it must mean I'm getting close. And that's good. Nursery is all decked out and adorable, if I do say so myself. Clothes and blankets are all washed. Bouncy seat that everyone says is a lifesaver is ready to go and even has batteries. Picture frames are hung, just waiting for pictures to go in them. Baby classes are done. Stroller and car seat are ready. Lesson plans through the week after I am due are done, as are copies.

Let's. Get. It. ON.

Speaking of getting it on, best of luck to my tri-buddy Rob this weekend at IMKY, and to all who are racing! Holy smokes, is it going to be HOT and HUMID. I still, for the life of me, can't figure out why they put a race in Louisville at the END OF AUGUST. I used to live in the 'Nati, and I KNOW what it's like in August on that river. But, I guess you never know...I trained with the assumption that IMW was going to be hotter than Guam, and we all know how that ended up last year, right?

I'll tell you something I'm NOT going to miss...EVERYONE THROWING IN THEIR 2 CENTS. For the love of ALL THINGS HOLY I can't seem to go ANYWHERE without randoms throwing in their 2 cents. See, I am undeniably pregnant now. It is abundantly clear that this ain't just fat. Last night I had a little meltdown to Matt because I am just SOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of it and I really want to just not leave my house.

You'd be amazed at what total strangers will say and do. Matt's lucky--we decided--because unless he SAYS anything, no one KNOWS he's expecting. I might as well have a neon sign and marching band following me around. And people just seem to want to tell you how BAD things will be. They LOVE to say how "you'll never do this or that again" and "oh, don't even think about ___________________ (*fill in the blank with ANYTHING, really*), because you won't have time to worry about that, you'll barely have time to eat or shower or blink your eyeballs," and in general tell you how miserable you're going to be, because they are or something.

World at large--just because you might be miserable, doesn't mean I'm going to be. So trying to make me miserable really isn't justifying your miserable-ness. It's just ANNOYING.

I think the craziest thing I've heard was when I was at work about 2 weeks ago, and the UMPIRE there (I work for a Rec Department) in between games, who I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW...and this was a DUDE!.....decided to tell me all about how since his sister-in-law's baby was big, they HAD TO BREAK HER PELVIS IN THE DELIVERY ROOM.

THANK YOU, Random Umpire Man! That is SO what I NEED TO HEAR RIGHT NOW!

So I am really, really, really looking forward to NOT having to deal with 2 cent-ers at the grocery store, the post office, work, the baseball diamond, or anywhere else. Really...I promise...if I want to know, I'll ask you. Unsolicited miserable-ness is just not good.

/end soapbox rant

On a positive note, I heart air conditioning. But hopefully it will cool down before school starts next week, since 221 sorely lacks it. I'm getting really excited about this new class, too. It's a LOT of work--I've already put in so much time reading these college-level articles (man, how do these 10th graders do it? but my friend swears they will rise to whatever bar you set) and stuff, and it's exciting to have a little change. We'll see if I'm still saying that next February... :)

16 comments:

Wes said...

Yay! My two cents are first :-) LOL. Isn't life grand!! You get to choose your own path, and all we get to do is vomit conventional wisdom!!! Bully for us!!!

Tell Matt to get the virtual cigars ready! I've got my lighter...

TriShannon said...

Hmmm... an idea for next year. What could it be? Need to turn on my predict Sara's life radar. :)

My 2 cents are... he, he... you know I have no baby info, I gots nothing. :)

hak said...

How about one cent? ;)

It only gets worse once the baby is on the scene with the two cents. Beware of old ladies in the grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!

May your blessed child go to Miami in 19 years and learn to love red bricks.

hak

21stCenturyMom said...

Ummm.. don't you just love those drive-by asshat comments. Idiots.

As a woman who really didn't much care for pregnancy you have my full and unadulterated empathy. The good news is that there is a finite timeline on pregnancy and then they take the little nipper out if s/he doesn't make a move.

I can also honestly say that as little as I liked pregnancy I really loved giving birth and that was sans epidural. I'm not sure that's how I would do it now but at the time that was how we did it and it was fine. In fact - I liked it. So there to all those drive-by idiots and their horror stories. If you roll with it it can be the most amazing experience you've ever had.

Chad said...

Boy you sound miserable.

JenC said...

People are so f'ing rude sometimes. Maybe you can resort to quoting Pee Wee Herman as a retort "I know you are, but what am I?"

Hang in there buddy and I'll pray for cooler temps for your return to teaching!

Jennifer P said...

Ha ha, look at all the cents you have on this post! Here's mine:
Being a mom is fantastic. You will love your baby to bits. And life as you know it is over -- but only to exchange it for a way better life where you'll everything you did before (and more!) but with a different outlook and a new little one to inspire and drive you.

greyhound said...

My two cents!!!! You will be what you want to be and do what you want to do, because you know first hand that "anything is possible!"

**lifts glass of 18 year old scotch** "To the coolest mom on the planet"

xt4 said...

Yeah, we've had this talk. You know how I feel about this. I think, though, that like hak said it's not going to get better. Every moron will tell us how to parent our kids, or give one of those patronizing smiles whenever there's a meltdown or whatever. I kind of hope I have some kind of crazy child prodigy who, like, does long division by age 4 months so I can tell people to shut yer hole, my kid doesn't need to be potty trained, she came out that way, take your great advice someplace else.

Lauren Starks said...

Pfft. Well, I have no experience with pregnancy or giving birth, but as a mom of four - the two cents never (EVER) stops. LOL

You're going to be an awesome mom. Baby Z will be blessed to grow up in a household that teaches healthy lifestyle, competitive edge, and joy of life. It's much better than a household that teaches unhealthy lifestyle, playstation edge, and joy of (over)eating.

Hang in there, the best is yet to come!

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

A. MEN. SISTAH.

OMG, I'm not even to the hugely pregnant stage yet and I'm already tired of hearing the stupid crap people insist on saying. I'm showing enough now that the random belly-touching has started too. Good times.

(On a happier note... JBMommy had her baby yesterday! Yay!)

Michele said...

OOOO a plan that involved calling your trainer??? what could it be? I hope it involves a trip to Florida in nov '08.

Janet Edwards said...

OMIGOSH, you just kill me when you get on these rants. So funny!!! Yeah, it is getting close!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear that, as usual, you are already well prepared!

What are these new random plans???? So secretive!!!

Cara said...

OMG, if the people who insisted on throwing in their two cents all the time would actually throw in two real cents, my kid's college fund would be pretty much covered. Maybe that's what we should do: demand two pennies each time someone gives unwelcome advice.

Rae said...

People just love to give advice about everything. Anytime I am about to run a marathon someone tells me about someone who died doing that. Before vacations you always hear about people who died wherever you are going. Wisdom teeth was one of the worst - everyone has a story about that, too.
The pelvis thing is hilarious. That only happens to midget short people like myself. You've got nothing to worry about.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Gads, I hate war stories. People!

You're gonna do great - take each 2c and put it in the bank (you know, for later).

or leave it in the penny tray at the cash register (you know, because it's someone else's advice).