Thursday, December 20, 2007

Busy week! It's amazing how much I have going on despite not being at work.

Stopped into work to see my students today. JayZ was a trooper and let everyone oooh and ahhh over him without pooping, spitting up, or fussing. Thanks, buddy! It was good to see my students again.

Workouts have been going well, although a pesky old plantar fasciitis-y heel is bothering me slightly. I've been icing and stretching lots and lots, and sleeping with the funky sock thing, which is how I nipped it in the bud last time. Hopefully it won't bother me much longer and I caught it fast enough.

In biking news, there is no biking news.

(I know, I know. What ever happened to "working on my limiter?" Gimme a few more weeks...)

In swimming news, things are going really well! Got to drive out to Oberlin on Sunday and swim with some tri friends, including JenC, who was looking solid in the water as her usual Ironman-self always does. Even got to move up for a few sets with the fast dudes--score! Although, said fast dudes pretty much caused me to get my ass handed to me. Hey, that's a good thing, though. Keeps me motivated. I haven't been able to hit the pool as much as I've liked, so if I have any hope of staying in the fast dude lane, I'd better get there...asap!

Tuesday, JayZ and I got to have lunch again with superfast blogger Kurt! Here's proof:




And here's proof that Matt and I had way too much with hair gel:





Tomorrow, I'm driving to Columbus for a few hours for something super-fun...pics to come!

Another 7 mile run this Saturday, as I'm holding the mileage steady at 20 for a few weeks. If the heel thingy gets worse I'll be cutting that way back, but for now I think things should be OK for a nice run outside.

And finally, happy three-years-since-we-brought-you-home tomorrow, Mugsy! You're such a good Pug Man. :)


13 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Awe! How cute!! JayZ is really growing! And Sara you are looking great!!!

RunBubbaRun said...

Jay Z looks like a rocker with that "Korn" t-shirt on..Cute pics..

Happy Holidays TRiSara.

brendaj said...

What cute kids (both of them) and inspiring to read about your return to training!

E-Speed said...

Hows the pup getting along with mini Z?

Have fun in Columbus!

Anonymous said...

you look AWESOME, sara! and swimming with the fast dudes? wow.

jayz and mugsy are adorable.

Michelle said...

Love the hair!

Cara said...

OMG, I LOVE that JayZ picture! I can't get over all that hair! My little guy still looks like a balding old man. And where did you get the Korn shirt??
You look fantastic, too, by the way!

I'm totally impressed that you're swimming in the fast dude lane! My swimming has been limited to the bathtub. :)

triguyjt said...

sara-- If I may say so, you absolutely glow with the "new mom" aura, and I mean that as a compliment.
Spiked hair for the little guy...he's got that Nick Lachey thing going.
happy holidays

tryathlete said...

Merry Christmas to my favorite dinosaur and her boys!

Taconite Boy said...

Merry Christmas for one Trimama house to another!

Steve Stenzel said...

Merry Christmas!! - From the Speedo/Pharmie household.

Kurt said...

Well I am not super fast more like a sloth runner now but it was great seeing Jay Z! You looked great yourself and cant wait to see your next race in about 6 months.

Cliff said...

love the pic with JayZ and gel :)