Monday, June 23, 2008

Best Brick EVAH.

Okay, I know this is easy for some of you but in the words of Billy Madison "It was HARD for me SO BACK OFF!"

(kidding) ;)

Did a ride today of 28.4 miles and crazy negative split it for an average of....

20 miles per hour!

For the first time EVER!

(I've never, ever seen anything resembling a 20 on my bike computer. I've seen 2, but not 20.)

My average heart rate was 153, and I definitely felt like I was pushing it a bit, but I know I could have gone faster, too.

Then hopped off, and maybe it was the adrenaline, but I had a good little brick run...sludged through the first mile at 9:32 but then ran the 2nd at an 8:45 pace and felt FANTABULOUS AND LIKE I COULD GO FOREVER!

Don't you just LOVE it when that happens?

Well, actually, I don't know, because it's never happened except for today.

But maybe it'll happen again! Boo-yah!

10 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great job Sara!! And that bike is sooo sweet!

:) said...

that's good news, speedy gonzales!

Rachel said...

Wow! Rock on!

SimplyStu said...

20. Hmmmmmmm. Life. Is. Good!

Kevin said...

Great job. that new bikke is definitely making a big difference

TriShannon said...

OH... SO JEALOUS OF THE BIKE!!!

Nice brick!

faithrunner said...

That's great! Sounds like a fabulous day for you, hope you have many more to come! Good luck!

21stCenturyMom said...

So does this mean it's time to write and Lance and say, "it might not be ALL about the bike but dude - come on!"

Congrats on breaking new ground.

Alili said...

Whoa there speedy! Fantastic work!

Steve Stenzel said...

Holy crap! Nice job!!!