Sunday, March 21, 2010

Two more weeks...

Thanks for all the support and suggestions on the last post! It seems we are starting to make progress with our little battle here. Man, this girl's a fighter. :) I know it's a good quality to have, so I'm trying not to break it. Just get her to be a fighter who accepts plastic once in a while.

I am getting so so so excited about racing this season. More on that later--I have a post brewing in my head (if I ever get the time to have two hands to actually write it). My team is such a great group of people and I'm very lucky to be a part of something so freaking cool. So I hope you join us! Get those video cameras rolling!

My baby girl is a month old today. I can hardly believe it. She's brought so much joy to all three of us, and despite it being quite chaotic and me being really sleep-deprived, life is just perfect.

Two weeks from tomorrow I have my 6 week appointment. Which means, barring unforeseen circumstances or problems, that I should have the OK to start working out again. I've been walking lots and doing light stretching, and let me tell ya I am ANTSY to start running again. I think I will celebrate by calling my local running shop and setting aside some new kicks to run in. Because everyone knows new shoes make you go faster, right?

Right?

Come on, work with me here, people.

In other news, since I can't race the Cleveland Half Marathon, I have two awesome friends coming in to run it--Jacks and soon-to-be Mr. Jacks! Yahoooooo! And, my tribro TriEric and I have some big plans on how to be good entertainment on the race course. Let's just say it pays homage to the great Steve In A Speedo, my other tribro. Steve, you will be proud.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yes! New shoes is the perfect "welcome back to working out" gift. You have my permission. :)

Christi said...

New shoes always make you faster so enjoy them!

Michelle Simmons said...

Time flies, huh? A month already?? Sweet. Enjoy your new shoes! I just got a pair myself!