Thursday, December 01, 2011

I know I just said I wasn't going to do this...

...but curiosity got the best of me.  I had two more friends tell me that I looked like I had lost some weight,  so I was curious enough to see what that meant.

You should have heard the conversation in my head before I stepped on.

You know if this is high, it doesn't matter, right?


Yeah,  yeah...I know.


No, SERIOUSLY.  You know that you are fit and that you dropped a dress size.  Understand that whatever this thing says won't change that.


I know...I know!  I think. 


NO I THINK!


Okay, okay....I know.  I really know.


So I got on the scale, with much the same curiosity that led me to step on the scale when I was in labor with Bean.  Just to see.  Just to see where the highest ever in my life would be.

Today?  I saw the lowest since about 11th grade.

62 pounds down from Bean.

Gotta admit, that felt good.  I believe the strength work is helping a lot, and of course, I can always get fitter.  But given what we've got going on around here, I'm quite happy tonight.

Now, QUICK!  Where's my ice cream?  And those Reese's trees?

Come on...just ONE...

:)

7 comments:

Swim Bike Mom said...

That's WONDERFUL! Congrats (as I eat a piece of pizza....errrrr.) :) :)

Karen said...

wow! I think that definitely calls for a reese's tree (ha ha)

JenC said...

Woo hoo! You go girl!

Christi said...

That is so awesome! I am very happy for you!

Carolina John said...

Nice! I hit my lowest weight since before we got married (13 years ago) right before IMFL. It was also pretty wild.

Anonymous said...

:-) And yes-weights help burn it off...all day long!

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Ooh! Ooh! You just totally reminded me I've got a hidden stash of Reese's Trees!!